Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
If you are looking for an opportunity to jump start your career with an entry level position applying the skills and work habits you learned at CAT-N, an Internship is your next move.
- Student successfully completed Level II program at CAT-North.
- Teacher will have the final approval. Students must meet the following qualifications or have teacher approval:
|Attendance: Only students with a 94% (10 days or less) or higher attendance record for the school year will be considered for job placement.|
|GPA: Students must maintain a “C” average at CAT-N. This will include trade, math and science classes.|
|Skill Level: Students must demonstrate a high level of competency in their trade. This will be judged by the teacher and a competency evaluation.|
|Attitude: Students must demonstrate a positive attitude and a commitment to their trade. This would include a desire to continue to learn and master the trade.|
|Transportation: Students must show proof that they have reliable transportation to and from the job site.|
|Job Placement: Students must be willing to take a job placement in their trade and work an average of 15 hours per week.|
- Work an average of 15 hours at an approved work site that relates to their course of study
- Submit hours worked at the end of each month to the Internship Facilitator
- Have a successful evaluation each marking period
- Hold a work position for entire senior year. Semester opportunities are available
- Complete the following forms: Click for link to forms
Highlights from 2013-2014:
- 59 students participating in an Internship
- Almost 24,000 hours worked
- 9 students working at National Security Agency ( over 40 students interviewed with NSA)
- A growing program advisory board for all classes
- Business partners visiting classes, doing mock interviews, providing Internship opportunities, doing demonstrations, judging SkillsUSA and providing networking opportunities.
|Type of Employment||
A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
Active Internship Sites: