“Free Application for Federal Student Aid”
Why Complete the FAFSA:
- determines whether a student qualifies for need-based Federal financial aid
- is necessary if student is attending an in state school and planning on applying for financial aid through the state of Maryland (MHEC)
- is required by colleges to determine which students qualify for their own financial aid packages and scholarships
Here’s what you do:
- START NOW by applying for a pin # at www.pin.ed.gov
- APPLY after January 1 on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov or obtain a copy of the application at your public library.
- DEADLINE for completing the application is March 1
Here’s what you will need:
social security number, driver license, previous year’s income tax return, bank statements, business and investment information, and records of any untaxed income records-social security, welfare, veterans benefits, etc.
File the FAFSA as soon as possible in order to have the best chance to receive funds that you may qualify for. For assistance when filing your application call: 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
Get Fee Assistance with Completing the FAFSA:
“FAFSA Completion Nights” Sponsored by Anne Arundel Community College (410) 777-2203
Financial Aid and Scholarship Resources
Financial Aid Information (Websites)
Scholarship Assistance Websites
[table “15” not found /]
High School Scholarship Search
Go to your high school website and log on to your
“Family Connections/Naviance” student account and search for scholarships under the college folder. Get more information about your account from your High School Counseling Department.
*Additional resources are available in the CATN School Counseling Office.
Please feel free to stop by during regular school hours.