Figure out what you like and what you do well.
- Naviance- complete assessments in your career folder on the Naviance website through your high school
- Big Future– https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/
- Interest Assessments (Holland/RIASEC code): “My Next Move”- www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip
- Personality Assessments (MBTI code): “Jung Typology Test”- www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
- High School Classes, Internships, Jumpstart/College Courses, Job Shadowing, Personal Experience
Investigate specific careers and those that match your interest and personality types.
- CareerShip– (With or without your Holland/RIASEC code): www.mappingyourfuture.org/planyourcareer/careership/
- New York Career Zone (With your Holland/RIASEC code): www.careerzone.ny.gov “Assess Yourself”
- Careers for your Personality Type (MBTI code): http://cms.bsu.edu/about/administrativeoffices/careercenter/explore/assessment/typefocus/whatpersonality
- Talk to everyone you know about what they do in their career!
Some other websites you might like for career exploration and planning